Minutes of the Meeting of Wadsworth Parish Council held at 7.30 pm on

Tuesday 27th August 2019 at Hebden Bridge Town Hall, Hebden Bridge

 

64        MEMBERS PRESENT

Cllrs Bell (Chairman), Davis, Fowler, Kimber and Wade.

 

            APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllr Drury

          

65        MEMBERS INTERESTS

Cllr Kimber declared an other interest in relation to agenda item 80   

                              

66        RESOLUTION TO RE-ORDER THE AGENDA

            Not required at beginning of meeting.

 

67        PUBLIC DISCUSSION TIME

A resident checked where their correspondence appeared on the agenda.

 

68        APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE

           COUNCIL HELD ON 23rd JULY 2019                     

            

Resolved: that the above minutes be approved as a true record.

                       

69        MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ABOVE MINUTES:

            A discussion took place regarding the remaining three Cllr vacancies and it was agreed that a further press release would be produced. In addition, the information could be placed at Wadsworth post office and the council noticeboards.

 

            It was suggested that the press release could be combined with the acknowledgement of the previous three Cllrs combined 100 years’ service. ACTION Cllr Fowler to provide the details.

 

            Clerk to contact Deputy Clerk at Hebden Royd Town Council re progress on digital logo.

         

70        LOCAL PLANS:

 

a)    Local Plan

Nothing to report.

 

b)    Neighborhood Plan

Nothing to report.

 

71        CLERK’S REPORT

 

a)    Noticeboards

It was reported that two of the three noticeboards were now complete.

b)    Ward Forum Meeting

The date for the next Ward Forum meeting was confirmed as Monday the 9th September.

c)    SLCC Regional Training Seminar

It was reported that the Clerk had attended the above seminar and as a consequence the following issues were raised:

i)              That yearly tree inspections needed to take place on council owned land – Clerk to progress. Clerk to check Community Centre lease in relation to trees.

ii)             That a home working allowance should be paid at a cost of £3 per week.

iii)            That website accessibility legislation would be coming into place in September 2020. ACTION Clerk to liaise with Cllr Drury in relation to this and the item be placed on the next agenda.

 

72         FINANCIAL MATTERS

           1)    Items for payment:

            a)    Salaries                                                                £404.92

            b)    HMRC                                                                 £505.80                                              

           c)    Allowance and reimbursement:

       - computer allowance                                          £20.00                                    

                   - retirement card                                                  £3.25

                                                                                                £23.25

d)    CMBC – Parish elections May 2019                    107.21

e)    CMBC – Grounds maintenance Q1                     £1093.92

                       

Resolved: that the above items be approved for payment.

 

2)  Grants:

None received.

        

3)  Other items:

            None received.

    

73        CORRESPONDENCE

 

a)    Campaign to Protect Rural England       Update letter.

 

Additional correspondence:

 

b)    CMBC                                                      Town and Parish Council annual conference

 

Taking place on the 5th October – further information and agenda to be distributed near the date.

 

Resolved: to receive the above correspondence.

               

74        PLANNING

 

1)    New Applications:

 

a)    19/20121/TPO Prune two trees (Tree Preservation Order) | Stray Leaves Lane Ends Lane Wadsworth Hebden Bridge Calderdale HX7 8TN.

 

Resolved: to support the application.

 

2)    Other Items:

 

a)    Stone shed at Wilcroft Terrace, Pecket Well

 

It was reported that this had been reported to Calderdale and that they had requested further information.

 

75        ROAD & FOOTPATH MATTERS

a)   Pecket Well Neighbourhood Watch letter – highways issues update.

 

Resolved that Cllr Fowler to clarify the extent of the issues in order to enable appointment of suitable contractor. Clerk to order 20 ‘no dog fouling signs’ at an approximate cost of £1.38 per sign.

 

76        ALLOTMENTS AND GARAGES

Allotment tenant address query resolved.

                                                                                    

77        PLAYGROUNDS

 

a)    Inspection regime – it was reported that the playgrounds should be inspected at least weekly and that the Clerk was meeting a playground inspection and repair company and would provide further clarification.

b)    Repair works – it was reported that the contractor appointed to carry out the repair works had not been back in touch to confirm dates despite being chased on a number of occasions.

c)    Potential funding – it was reported that potentially the council could apply for Awards for All funding of up to £10,000 for new play facilities. Clerk to investigate further plus to check with Calderdale if there is any S106 funding in relation to the Old Town Mill development.

 

Resolved that the Clerk progress the above issues.

   

 78        ADOPTION OF NALC MODEL COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

 

Resolved that the Clerk issue the draft procedure to all Cllrs and the item be placed on the next agenda.

 

79        REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Nothing reported.

                              

80        RESIDENTS REQUEST FOR PUBLIC APOLOGY AND FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE

           

Resolved that a letter of apology be sent.

 

81       DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE    

September 24h 2019. Advance apologies from Cllrs Bell and Davis.

        

            The meeting closed at 9.10pm