Minutes of the Meeting of Wadsworth Parish Council held on

Tuesday 23rd April 2019 at Wadsworth Community Centre, Wadsworth, Hebden Bridge.

 

186      MEMBERS PRESENT

Cllrs Beasley (Chairman), Bell, Fowler, Hughes, Lynch, Ring, Spencer and Wade.

 

            APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

             Cllr Kimber.

          

187      MEMBERS INTERESTS

             None declared.

                                  

188       RESOLUTION TO RE-ORDER THE AGENDA

             Not required.

 

189      PUBLIC DISCUSSION TIME

None

 

190     APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE

           COUNCIL HELD ON 26th March 2019.                     

            

Resolved: that the above minutes be approved as a true record.

                       

191      MATTERS ARISING FROM THE ABOVE MINUTES:

            That disabled access to the Town Hall be added to the next Council meeting agenda

         

192      LOCAL PLANS:

a)      Local Plan

No update as relevant Member absent.

 

b)      Neighborhood Plan

c)      No update as relevant Member absent.

 

193      CLERK’S REPORT

 

a)      Noticeboards

It was reported that two quotes had now been obtained for noticeboard repairs.

 

Resolved:

i)        That the Council agree to noticeboard repairs at the cost of the lower quote totaling £458.

ii)   that the Clerk contact the contractor to arrange the necessary repairs.

            

194        FINANCIAL MATTERS

              1)  Items for payment

              a)  New Clerk salary                                                             £505.90

              b)  Current Clerk salary                                                         £252.95

                 c)  New Clerk:

          - computer allowance                                                    £20.00

     d) Current clerk – A5 window envelopes                          £5.99

                 e) Website management Q4                                               £72.00            

                 f) YLCAmembership 2019/20                                           £429.00

                           

            Resolved: that the above items be approved for payment.

 

2)  Grants:

a)   A discussion took place in relation to welfare grants.

Resolved:  i)  that more information should be sought for the next Council

                  meeting.           

ii)  that in the meantime the information currently on the website be removed.     

           

b)      Contribution towards restoration of WW1 photos/frame  

Resolved:  i)  that £50 be granted for the above purpose.

 

c)      Items to enable Wainsgate Chapel dance project

d)     Resolved: that funding be refused.

        

3)  Other items: None received/discussed.

    

195      CORRESPONDENCE

 a)   CMBC: Response to planning letter.

 

Resolved: that a further letter be sent requesting to be informed when a Committee planning decision affecting Wadsworth is taking place.

 

b)   Old Town Primary School request to use village green for annual fundraiser event.    

 

Resolved: that the school can use the Green providing all the relevant health and safety documentation and insurance is in place.

 

d)     Hebden Bridge Group practice.

A reply was received.

 

Resolved: that Cllrs needed more time to consider the response.

                          

196      PLANNING

 

1)      New Applications:

None received.

 

2)      Other Items: None received.

 

             a)  Automoblia:                        

It was reported that the Chairman had spoken to the developer and that they were planning to develop the site.

 

197     ROAD & FOOTPATH MATTERS

            None reported.

 

198      ALLOTMENTS AND GARAGES

            a)   Recovery of removal of garage costs

      It was reported that no further correspondence had been received.

 

            b)   Pecket Well allotment wall

           

c)   Pecket Well allotment tree

             

Resolved: in relation to a) and b) above that a map with the Council-owned land clearly marked be provided to the Clerk.

 

d)   VAT on parking spaces

                   it was confirmed that VAT did need to be paid on parking spaces even if

       the plot had previously been an allotment. 

                   

e)      Fly Tipping: Nothing to report (item to be removed from the agenda).

                                                                        

199      PLAYGROUNDS

1)      Items for monthly checks: Nothing to report. 

         

  200     LOCAL ELECTION UPDATE

            It was reported that four Cllrs had stood for election and were unopposed.

 

201      REPORTS FROM COUNCILLORS AND OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Nothing to report.

                              

202      DATE OF NEXT MEETING AND APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE

A discussion took place regarding the date of the next meeting and it was agreed that the Clerk would check the maximum limit between the election and the Annual Council meeting and report back with a potential revised meeting date.             

        

            The meeting closed at 9.40pm